• Großbritannien | Great Britain
  • Spanien | Spain
  • Frankreich | France
  • Portugal | Portugal
  • Italien | Italy
  • Griechenland | Greece

Are you interested in renting one or more of your properties at the Costa Blanca for vacation purposes?

von Miguel Angel Pedro

What must I do?

The Administration of the Valencian Community asks all the landlords, whether they are residents or non-residents, to register their property or properties subject to the holiday rental at the “Registro de Alquileres Turisticos of the Comunitat Valenciana ", in order to obtain a registration number. In the case of non-compliance of this obligation, the landlord will be penalized with high fines.

The registration requirement is also important for those who organize their rental through on-line rental management entities, such as Airbnb, Homeaway, Rentalia, Booking, etc. ... which can be sanctioned in case they do not request this number registration to the landlords.

Do I have to create a company or can I do it as a natural person?

Any natural person or company who rents its properties, has to register the activity at the "Registro de Alquileres Turísticos de la Comunitat Valenciana" , without having to be a company. Nevertheless, the registration of 5 or more properties in the name of one natural person or company, requires the registration of a "management company" which will be assigned a specific number of tourist accommodation management and will be in charge for the rental management of the aforementioned properties.

Can any property being registered?  What requirements must be completed?

The property must have a license of occupation/certificate of occupation and must be sufficiently furnished and equipped with the necessary equipment for its immediate occupation. It must fulfil the requested hygiene standards established by law. In addition, claim forms (official models of the Generalitat) must be made available for the tenants.

Do I have to announce the registration number?

Yes, the registration number assigned to each property and its category must be included in all types of advertisements. If it is a management company that manages different properties, it is sufficient to publish the registration number of the management company but it is necessary to have an updated registration that connects the management company with the rented properties.

Do I have to pay taxes on the rental income?

Whether you are a resident or non-resident, a natural person or a company, you have the obligation to pay taxes for the net income of the holiday rental. The non-fulfilment of this obligation leads to high fines and charges.

Who can help me with all these administrative procedures?

Bufete García Garrido, with more than 25 years of experience in real estate, administrative and tax law, guarantees a strict fulfilment of the legal requests, avoiding inconvenience and costly problems with the Spanish authorities. Do not hesitate to contact us.

Bildquelle: © danileon - Adobe Stock



Einen Kommentar schreiben

Bitte rechnen Sie 5 plus 6.